Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2014/03/16 00:39:01 UTC

[ANN] Apache Maven PMD Plugin 3.1 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Maven PMD Plugin, version 3.1

A Maven plugin for the PMD toolkit, that produces a report on both code rule violations and detected copy and paste
    fragments,
    as well as being able to fail the build based on these metrics.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pmd-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-pmd-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>3.1</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Apache Maven PMD Plugin - Version 3.1

Bug
* [MPMD-179] Plugin generates reports incompatible with the 'maven-jxr-plugin' version 2.4
* [MPMD-176] upgrade to last 5.0.5
* [MPMD-172] Warning about missing XRef for module with no source
* [MPMD-168] Skip report generation if results are empty
* [MPMD-167] CPD performance issues
* [MPMD-166] Plugin fails when switching from 2.7.1 to 3.0.1

Improvement
* [MPMD-180] Remove redundant "Report" word on report name labels
* [MPMD-175] Work around PMD bug #1155 which crashes the plugin with an empty ruleset element.
* [MPMD-169] Support multi-threaded mode of PMD 5

New Feature
* [MPMD-181] Add flag to capture Benchmark information

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven PMD Plugin 3.1 Released

Posted by Baptiste Mathus <bm...@batmat.net>.
I think this is related to
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/maven-3.html

Can you try just moving your pmd configuration inside <build> tag?
Also make sure you update maven-site-plugin version to the latest version.

Btw, if you're from maven 2 to maven 3, far better use the latest 3.2.1.

Cheers

> Dennis Lundberg <dennisl <at> apache.org> writes:
>

> > The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Maven PMD
> Plugin, version 3.1
> >
> > A Maven plugin for the PMD toolkit, that produces a report on both code
> rule violations and detected copy and paste
> >     fragments,
> >     as well as being able to fail the build based on these metrics.
> >
> > http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pmd-plugin/
> >
> > You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:
> >
> > <plugin>
> >   <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> >   <artifactId>maven-pmd-plugin</artifactId>
> >   <version>3.1</version>
> > </plugin>
> >
> > Release Notes - Apache Maven PMD Plugin - Version 3.1
> >
> > Bug
> > * [MPMD-179] Plugin generates reports incompatible with the 'maven-jxr-
> plugin' version 2.4
> > * [MPMD-176] upgrade to last 5.0.5
> > * [MPMD-172] Warning about missing XRef for module with no source
> > * [MPMD-168] Skip report generation if results are empty
> > * [MPMD-167] CPD performance issues
> > * [MPMD-166] Plugin fails when switching from 2.7.1 to 3.0.1
> >
> > Improvement
> > * [MPMD-180] Remove redundant "Report" word on report name labels
> > * [MPMD-175] Work around PMD bug #1155 which crashes the plugin with an
> empty ruleset element.
> > * [MPMD-169] Support multi-threaded mode of PMD 5
> >
> > New Feature
> > * [MPMD-181] Add flag to capture Benchmark information
> >
> > Enjoy,
> >
> > -The Maven team
> >

> Hi,
>
> I've written one custom PMD rule and integrated with Jenkins. Maven build
> version was 2.2.1. But if the Maven build version is changed from 2.2.1 to
> 3.0.4, the maven plugin doesn't pick my new custom rule, instead it runs
> with the default rulesets and doesn't throw any error message. Any inputs?
>
> Parent pom:
> ----------
> <reporting>
> <plugin>
>                 <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>maven-pmd-plugin</artifactId>
>                 <inherited>true</inherited>
>                 <version>3.1</version>
>                 <configuration>
>                         <aggregate>true</aggregate>
>                         <linkXref>true</linkXref>
>                         <sourceEncoding>utf-8</sourceEncoding>
>                         <minimumTokens>100</minimumTokens>
>                         <targetJdk>1.7</targetJdk>
>                         <rulesets>
>                                 <ruleset>
>                                         ${basedir}/LoggingCustomRules.xml
>                                 </ruleset>
>                         </rulesets>
>                 </configuration>
>           </plugin>
> </reporting>
>
> I'm running PMD for child projects.
>
> Regards,
> Krithika

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven PMD Plugin 3.1 Released

Posted by Krithika Shanmugam <kr...@cisco.com>.