Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by SH Solutions <sh...@gmx.net> on 2004/06/05 00:20:41 UTC

DataSources

Hi

I am using a DataSource inside a a servlet. Until now I am configuring it
with my own code (Creating instance and using setters.)
What I would like to do now is, I would like to move that database
configuration to the web.xml file.

So far, I have a correct fragmet for server.xml:

    <Resource name="jdbc/dbTest" auth="Container"
type="org.firebirdsql.pool.FBWrappingDataSource"/>

    <ResourceParams name="jdbc/dbTest">
      <parameter>
        <name>factory</name>
        <value>org.firebirdsql.pool.FBWrappingDataSource</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>userName</name>
        <value>sysdba</value>
      </parameter>
    </ResourceParams>

Anyway, I would like to have it in web.xml instead.
Is there a way to do that? And how do I get hold of that DataSource from my
Java Code?

Is this method compatible with other servlet engines?
I would like to prevent non-standart methods.

Regards,
  Steffen

BTW: Are HttpSessionListeners and ContextListeners standart or
tomcat-specific?