Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joshua Long <jo...@tucando.com> on 2005/11/08 19:46:12 UTC

Re: Tacos 4 - Problems hibernate+spring+tacos+tapestry3 = problem?

Hi everyone.....

I'm having difficulty getting tapestry 3.0.3, spring framework 1.1, and
tacos (whatever the version was before tacos4 debuted) to work in sync.
The error manifests itself as a this.transportXML has no properties in
my javascript logs or a client aborted exception in catalina.out. I've
had this bug before and never made it through it. I think it has to do
with the collision of xml parser requirements in the three
libraries..... either way its causing me no end of greif. the problem
isnt present my code when its just tacos and no hibernate/spring.

Does anyone have a combination of libraries that has all these
components working together? ie, what jars are on your classpath to get
all of these entities to exist happily.

Any help is very appreciated, and desperately needed,

Thanks,

Joshua

Re: Tacos 4 - Problems hibernate+spring+tacos+tapestry3 = problem?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Hello Joshua,

While I haven't worked with pre-tacos4 in a very long time I think
I'll be able to help you more or less very quickly.

Send me a private(or public) email with some way we can sync up. The
mention of getting an error with this.transportXML leads me to believe
that you might have gotten a server exception that propogated out as
plain text and blew up the library. (I had submitted a fix for this,
but I don't think it handled every possible exception scenerio...)

I'm not sure if I have cvs write access to tacos (not tacos4), but if
I do I'd be happy to play a little with fixing any problems. I
personally think it is on the server and perhaps you are right with
classpath collisions. Only your servers log output will make it clear.

jesse