Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Mikael Ekblom <mi...@arcada.fi> on 2018/07/10 15:08:49 UTC

Apache Syncope version 2.1 findings

Hi,

I have now tested the 2.1 version or let us say that the installation procedure was tested. My installation path was from 2.0.9. My findings are the following:

  1.  I had the same regarding the Junit version error message regarding syncope console, but I did not delete the junit dependency in the console pom-file. I just added the version information as  <version>4.8.1</version>  dummy value and it went through.
  2.  The database script generated the required sql-file as expected, but I had to manually run most of it to double check that i got all the relations and indexes set. I noted during this process that the table ownership was changed from syncope to the default postgres DBA user, so I had to change this manually. This was for the new relations that were created through the sql scipt file. Easily fixed though.
  3.  The core is not so keen on starting...:) The rest is up and running (enduser and syncope-console) but not the core. The log claims the following:
     *
17:31:00.300 ERROR org.flowable.engine.impl.cmd.ValidateV5EntitiesCmd - Found v5 process definitions that are the latest version. Enable the 'flowable5CompatibilityEnabled' property in the process engine configuration and make sure the flowable5-compatibility dependency is available on the classpath
17:31:00.304 ERROR org.flowable.engine.impl.cmd.ValidateV5EntitiesCmd - Found v5 process definition with id: userWorkflow:61:5012291, and key: userWorkflow
  4.  I hope that I do not have to recreate every user due to this error...:)

Regarding number 3: can I somehow affect this during run time within workflow.properties or must it be done within the source and the corresponding xml configuration for flowable itself? The flowable engine has not been in use here before. I just do not find out right now where this configuration change should go?

Otherwise...all my own customization did compile for version 2.1 also after some modifications. Optional seems to be in pretty heavy use....:) More has been packed into interfaces.

I just need to get the core started...:)

Regards,

        Mikael

RE: Apache Syncope version 2.1 findings

Posted by Mikael Ekblom <mi...@arcada.fi>.
Hi,

I found the solution. It was just to alter the table act_re_procdef and change the engine_version_ column to v6....but maybe it could be a could thing during installation time to check this.

Regards,

         Mikael

Mikael Ekblom
IT-Service manager
Arcada, IT

Jan-Magnus Janssons plats 1,
FIN-00560 Helsingfors,
Finland

[...]

  1.  I hope that I do not have to recreate every user due to this error...:)

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi,
quick update: I have slightly improved the name generation for
MappingItemTransformer implementations.

Also, I have verified that Admin Console's "Manage Resources" keeps
showing non-assigned resources with italic.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Apache Syncope version 2.1 findings

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mikael Ekblom <mi...@arcada.fi>.
Hi,

As such, the conversion regarding the database went pretty well. One thing though that I found out for the mapping item transformation classes was, that the name of the transformation actions are not shown within the provision interface with their real names when you are about to assign available mapping item transformers.  Instead, they are shown with an id string like the following: “MappingItemTransformer_1650f483-5ad5-48bf-90f4-835ad528bf0”.  Somehow the “body text” is ignored.

As such, this is a valid object identifier, but it is not that helpful…☺. Other pull- and push actions are shown correctly.

Another thing I found is, that when you list the resources for a single user through “Manage resources”, the resources themselves are not sorted according to the assigned status as was the case in 2.0.8 for example. The assigned resources are not shown through italic as for the un-assigned resources. But the checkboxes are not checked by default and the assigned resources are not shown first in the list.

Should this be this way?

Regards,

          Mikael

Mikael Ekblom
IT-Service manager
Arcada, IT

Jan-Magnus Janssons plats 1,
FIN-00560 Helsingfors,
Finland

On 10/07/2018 17:08, Mikael Ekblom wrote:

Hi,

I have now tested the 2.1 version or let us say that the installation procedure was tested. My installation path was from 2.0.9.

Hi Mikael,
thanks for this review.
You can find my replies embedded below.

I am currently working at a better upgrade page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Upgrade+from+2.0+Jazz

Regards.

My findings are the following:

  1.  I had the same regarding the Junit version error message regarding syncope console, but I did not delete the junit dependency in the console pom-file. I just added the version information as  <version>4.8.1</version>  dummy value and it went through.

Yep, SYNCOPE-1334 addresses this issue.
I will add this to the upgrade page.

  1.  The database script generated the required sql-file as expected, but I had to manually run most of it to double check that i got all the relations and indexes set. I noted during this process that the table ownership was changed from syncope to the default postgres DBA user, so I had to change this manually. This was for the new relations that were created through the sql scipt file. Easily fixed though.

I understand, but I think this is expected. It is also the reason why we preferred to generate a SQL script rather than directly executing the generate upgrade statements.
BTW, I have found some missing statements (see SYNCOPE-1335), that I will also report in the upgrade page.

  1.  The core is not so keen on starting...:) The rest is up and running (enduser and syncope-console) but not the core. The log claims the following:

     *   17:31:00.300 ERROR org.flowable.engine.impl.cmd.ValidateV5EntitiesCmd - Found v5 process definitions that are the latest version. Enable the 'flowable5CompatibilityEnabled' property in the process engine configuration and make sure the flowable5-compatibility dependency is available on the classpath
17:31:00.304 ERROR org.flowable.engine.impl.cmd.ValidateV5EntitiesCmd - Found v5 process definition with id: userWorkflow:61:5012291, and key: userWorkflow

I will publish the complete procedure to avoid this error in the upgrade page.

  1.  I hope that I do not have to recreate every user due to this error...:)

No, not needed, of course.

  1.  Regarding number 3: can I somehow affect this during run time within workflow.properties or must it be done within the source and the corresponding xml configuration for flowable itself? The flowable engine has not been in use here before. I just do not find out right now where this configuration change should go?

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/<http://home.apache.org/%7Eilgrosso/>

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
FYI,