Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Xavier COUDIN <xa...@ac-nantes.fr> on 2012/05/04 18:00:31 UTC

interface om with active-directory ?

hello,

I am just installing (and discovering) openmeetings and tying to
interface it active-directory.

It seems that I can not getit working.
- sometime the user who wants to log-in is completely accepted, even if
it does not exist at all in the AD  (config file does not exist)
- sometimes I get a message "invalid password" (config is
ldap_auth_type=SIMPLE)
- sometimes I get a message "username not found" (config is
ldap_auth_type=NONE)

one question : what status (in the AD) must have the user indicated in
the line "ldap_admin_dn" ?   domain-admin ? or simple domain-user can be
enough ?

another question:
when authentication against AD, how do I manage the organizaton wich the
user should belong to ? (as, of course, before the first connexion, this
user is not known at all by the application, so he even does not exist
in the local DB).

best regards,

--
Xavier COUDIN  -  coordinateur informatique
Lycée Pays-de-Retz, 44210 Pornic, tel 02 40 82 40 19  poste 167

RE: interface om with active-directory ?

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
Hey,

This config works for me on a 2003 domain.

You will need to change

CN= openmeetinguser ==> A user in your AD
OU= someou ==> The OU the user above lives in
DC= yourdomain ==> Your windows domain
DC=internal ==> Whatever your 2003 domain ends with

ldap_search_base=DC:yourdomain,DC:internal ==> This is where OM will search for the users to authenticate, I have done the whole forest but it could be something like this

ldap_search_base=OU:users,DC:yourdomain,DC:internal

Workign Config:

ldap_server_type=AD
ldap_conn_url=ldap://servername:389
ldap_admin_dn=CN:openmeetinguser,OU:someou,DC:yourdomain,DC:internal
ldap_passwd=yourpassword
ldap_search_base=DC:yourdomain,DC:internal
field_user_principal=userPrincipalName
ldap_auth_type=SIMPLE
ldap_use_lower_case=true
ldap_sync_password_to_om=no
ldap_user_attr_lastname=sn
ldap_user_attr_firstname=givenName
ldap_user_attr_mail=mail
ldap_user_attr_street=streetAddress
ldap_user_attr_additionalname=description
ldap_user_attr_fax=facsimileTelephoneNumber
ldap_user_attr_zip=postalCode
ldap_user_attr_country=co
ldap_user_attr_town=l
ldap_user_attr_phone=telephoneNumber

A good tool is Apache Directory studio to get your ldap queries to working before testing, with version 2 make sure you have ldap_use_lower_case=true.

Cheers

Stephen Cottham
Group IT Manager (Associate)

Robert Bird Group
Level 5, 333 Ann St
Brisbane, Queensland, 4000, Australia
Phone: +6173 319 2777 (AUS)
Phone: +44207 592 8000 (UK)
Fax: +6173 319 2799

Mobile:  +61400 756 963 (AUS)
Mobile: +447900 918 616 (UK)
Web: www.robertbird.com

This email and any attachments are confidential and may contain legally privileged information or copyright material. Unless expressly stated, confidentiality and/or legal privilege is not intended to be waived by the sending of this email. The contents of this email, including any attachments, are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact us immediately by return email and then delete both messages. You may not otherwise read, forward, copy, use or disclose this email or any attachments. Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states otherwise. It is your responsibility to check any attachments for viruses or defects before opening or sending them on. None of the sender or its related entities accepts any liability for any consequential damage resulting from this email containing computer viruses.

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules
http://www.codetwo.com

RE: OM 1.9 RTMPS and Mac/Safari users

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
Are they self-signed certificates or issued from a trusted supplier?

Posted by Lawrence Murphy <re...@sympatico.ca>.
Thank you! We had been doing the opposite - enabling in the hopes of improving performance.

Lawrence Murphy, MA
Worldwide Therapy Online Inc.
www.therapyonline.ca
www.cybercounselling.com
cell: 519-831-9141

Confidentiality Notice
This e-mail message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the party named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us and delete the message from your system. If you are the intended recipient and wish to reply with confidential information, please contact me by telephone. From there, you can decide if you want to set up a secure email address. Thank you.

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.

Web: www.robertbird.com <http://www.robertbird.com/>

<rbglogo.gif> <http://www.robertbird.com.au/>

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.