Posted to small-events-discuss@apache.org by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@apache.org> on 2012/05/01 01:23:54 UTC

Re: Apache BarCamp Washington D.C

On 4/30/2012 6:26 AM, Tim Williams wrote:

> The first Apache BarCamp Washington, D.C. will be held on May 19th.
> If you will be in or around the Washington, D.C. area at that time,
> sign up and join us!

Just to confirm; there is no Hackathon associated with this event?  Or is
there hackathon space but nothing organized (or in need of organizers and
specific projects to participate?)  I would approach httpd and apr on your
behalf and help with organization details, if space is available and the
help is needed.

(Next time try setting a reply-to header on your broadcast, I think that
it can  pass through on committers@ announcements).

Re: Apache BarCamp Washington D.C

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 7:23 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wr...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 4/30/2012 6:26 AM, Tim Williams wrote:
>>
>> The first Apache BarCamp Washington, D.C. will be held on May 19th.
>> If you will be in or around the Washington, D.C. area at that time,
>> sign up and join us!
>
> Just to confirm; there is no Hackathon associated with this event?  Or is
> there hackathon space but nothing organized (or in need of organizers and
> specific projects to participate?)  I would approach httpd and apr on your
> behalf and help with organization details, if space is available and the
> help is needed.

Hi Bill,
There's currently no hackathon planned - I guess I assumed that
attendance would be so diverse that a hackathon wouldn't make sense.
If you think there'd be enough interest to justify a room, I think
it's worth a conversation over at apachebarcampdc@googlegroups.com

Have other Apache BarCamp's (besides Vancouver:) hosted a hackathon
successfully?

Thanks,
--tim