Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ranjan Bagchi <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/17 17:00:27 UTC

Cloud tab hanging?

Hi,

I'm pretty new to solr and especially solr cloud, so hopefully this isn't
too dumb:  I followed the wiki instructions for setting up a small cloud.
 Things seem to work, *except* on the UI [using chrome and safari], the
cloud tab hangs.  It says "Zookeeper Data", and then there's a loading
symbol.    The old ui allows me to see what's in zookeeper, so I'm pretty
sure it's mostly working.

There's nothing in the logs at all about a connection timing out -- any
help?

Thanks,

Ranjan

Re: Cloud tab hanging?

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 17, 2012, at 11:00 AM, Ranjan Bagchi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty new to solr and especially solr cloud, so hopefully this isn't
> too dumb:  I followed the wiki instructions for setting up a small cloud.
> Things seem to work, *except* on the UI [using chrome and safari], the
> cloud tab hangs.  It says "Zookeeper Data", and then there's a loading
> symbol.    The old ui allows me to see what's in zookeeper, so I'm pretty
> sure it's mostly working.
>
> There's nothing in the logs at all about a connection timing out -- any
> help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ranjan

I've intermittently seen this myself I think - its hard to debug without something like firebug to see what is actually failing (in the past, with the new UI, i've seen it choke on some json response (that was valid according to other tools)).

You might want to file a JIRA issue on it and in the mean time, try using the old UI for this? localhost:8983/solr/collection1/admin/zookeeper.jsp

It's still more full featured anyhow, in that you can actually inspect what data is on each node (important for being able to see the clusterstate.json!)

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com