Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by oh...@cox.net on 2013/01/10 17:04:20 UTC

Possible to call Apache expression processor from module?

Hi,

I'm starting to work on a new module, and part of the functionality that I'd like to incorporate would involve processing Apache-type expressions to produce a true/false result that my module would then use to decide what to do, in some cases.

So, I  was wondering if there is some API or interface that is exposed in Apache that would allow my module to  pass the interface an expression, and get a return result of  true/false?

I'm not sure if what I'm trying to explain is very clear, but if not, please let me know and I'll try again.

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Possible to call Apache expression processor from module?

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 10.01.2013 20:34, ohaya@cox.net wrote:

> ---- ohaya@cox.net wrote:
>>
>> ---- Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You might look at how mod_rewrite uses ap_expr_* (from
>>> include/ap_expr.h) in trunk or 2.4.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Eric Covener
>>> covener@gmail.com
>>

>> Eric,
>>
>> Thanks for the pointer.  I'll  take a look at that.
>>
>> Jim
>

> Hi,
>
> Is the "ap_expr.h" (and associated functionality only  available in 2.4+?  And it's not available in 2.2.x?

Yes and yes.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Possible to call Apache expression processor from module?

Posted by oh...@cox.net.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.