Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Cliff Resnick <cr...@conductor.com> on 2014/02/23 08:03:16 UTC

Re: node.js native bindings

It appears compression (gzip, snappy) is not supported in the librdkafka
version (8.0.0) used in this binding. Is there any intention to update this
to use a more recent librdkafka version? If so it would be great as there
does not seem to be any other node-kafka solution that supports Kafka 0.8
with compression.

Cliff

Re: node.js native bindings

Posted by Magnus Edenhill <ma...@edenhill.se>.
Producer side compression is available in librdkafka 0.8.0.
The consumer side compression is available in librdkafka 0.8.2 and later.

All librdkafka 0.8 releases are API and ABI safe and backwards compatible,
so plugging in a new librdkafka should be fairly straight forward.

Re: node.js native bindings

Posted by Pascal Belloncle <ps...@sutoiku.com>.
Cliff,