Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "contact_public@mail-impact.com" <co...@mail-impact.com> on 2013/04/05 15:59:01 UTC

Need Help for schema definition

Hi all,

well i'm totally newbies on solr, and I need some help.

Ok raw definition of my needs :

I have a product database, with ordinary fields to describe a product.
Name, reference, description, large description, product specifications,
categories etc...

The needs :

1 - Being able to search thought product name, description,
specification, reference
2 - Being able to find quickly all product from a category. For now it
gave me more result.
3 - being able to find in a result set all the facets corresponding to
the product specification (ex : number of products in wood, number of
product having a diameter of 20cm or in a range). I look for a automatic
process tell me the 5  most present specification in the result set and
the number of product for each.

4 - last but not least : I have a particular type of product (spare
parts) for them I need to be able to :
         - find the by brand
         - find the by name
         - find the by reference
         - compatibe model : as compatible model in the description
field and need to be treated with regular expression to make a list of
the different compatible model (org. text ex : spare part for *Pompe HG
large model, model HGS v5)
*

I use*d* databaseimporthandler, to retreive the data, and it seem to be
good for the first range of product, however I need to ajust the
tokeniser and filter because it's to strict for now.

For the second set of data, I create a second entity in the
data-import-config.xml adding the data in the same fields, but it
doesn't feet my needs as the results are mixed and I can't select a
specific entity to search into.

Thanks in advance for your help

David

Re: Need Help for schema definition

Posted by "contact_public@mail-impact.com" <co...@mail-impact.com>.
thanks for your reply.

So on point

1 - I have been able to enter the data in the database and query them
correctly. For now the result remain to strict.
2 - ok but not enough strict.

3 - here is my set of data. From an sgbd I have the folowing scema :
Feature name => Diameter
Feature value => 20
feature name => color
feautre value => blue
etc...

There is numbers of feature name with different feature values.

While importing the data in Solr, I made a multivalues field features
with "feature name : feature value" ( I suppose this is not the right
manner to proceed).

Feature name are of 200 and change/add often.

And I wish to be able to request the 5 most popular "feature name" with
all the different features values and for each feature values the number
of match (facets)

request => cat:"swimming pool " facets=true fq=feature??????????
expected result => 40 product found
                 list of product
            Facets => - Width
                             - height
                             - with liner
                             - color

                                width => 6m (10)
                                                 9m (15)
                                                 12m(24)
                                                 50m(1)
                                 height => .....

where the number between parenthesis is the number of product.

regards

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.

Posted by "contact_public@mail-impact.com" <co...@mail-impact.com>.
Hello,

Is somebody kind enough to help me, at least by giving some direction
for my research.

Regards