Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Billy Pearson <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com> on 2008/10/08 23:12:26 UTC

TableOutputFormat

I am running jobs and I am noticing that the % done on the reduce jobs is
hitting 100% way before the job is done writing to the table

I run a map and reduce and use setOutputFormat(TableOutputFormat.class) to
write the reducer's BatchUpdates to the table I need
but on say 10M rows to update the reduce show 100% done at say a few mins
but do not complete for 30+ mins.

Any idea on why this is happening now it was not acting like this before in
0.2?
Is there a new buffer holding the reduce output or something like that?

Billy

Re: TableOutputFormat

Posted by Billy Pearson <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>.
Appears to be a problem on the reduce task reporting in higher then 100%
done
I see task reporting as high as 377% done when viewing running task.

Billy

Re: TableOutputFormat

Posted by Ryan Smith <ry...@gmail.com>.
+1 ive seen this too.