Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2011/07/12 14:47:07 UTC

Deleting ruby and dotnet top level directories (was Re: 0.12 release update - RC1 this week)

On 07/12/2011 12:18 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Given that we voted to stop releasing standalone artifacts for the
> pure ruby client with the last release, is there any reason to keep it
> in the repository?
>
> I noticed that the first thing that happened with the 0.10 release was
> that a user came looking for the ruby client when the artifact went
> missing, found the code in the 'full release' archive instead, and
> just used that. A highly effective removal.
>
> I have said in the past I'd prefer to use a non-trunk attic area, but
> the concensus was to go for deletion, although nothing has happened
> since that discussion.

I'm happy to delete this and the dotnet directory. Any objections to that?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Deleting ruby and dotnet top level directories (was Re: 0.12 release update - RC1 this week)

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 07/13/2011 07:15 PM, Chuck Rolke wrote:
> There already IS a top level README.txt. An edit on that file will go nicely with the deletion of component directories. Remember to edit the LICENSE and NOTICE files, too.

Done.

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
There already IS a top level README.txt. An edit on that file will go nicely with the deletion of component directories. Remember to edit the LICENSE and NOTICE files, too.

-Chuck

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 01:47:07PM +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
> I'm happy to delete this and the dotnet directory. Any objections to that?

+1

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/