Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2010/12/04 01:47:36 UTC

rotatelogs: support for echoing to stdout

Hi all,

When processing logs in real time by more than one tool, it is useful
for rotatelogs to optionally pass logs through to stdout for further
processing by the next tool in the chain using reliable piped logs.
This patch makes this possible.

Regards,
Graham

Re: rotatelogs: support for echoing to stdout

Posted by Dan Poirier <po...@pobox.com>.
On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> wrote:
> When processing logs in real time by more than one tool, it is useful for
> rotatelogs to optionally pass logs through to stdout for further processing
> by the next tool in the chain using reliable piped logs. This patch makes
> this possible.

Maybe add an error message to explain why rotatelogs suddenly exited
if the write fails, but otherwise looks fine to me.

--
Dan Poirier
<po...@pobox.com>