Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Chinna <sr...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/04 14:51:35 UTC

Dispatched Queue

I have a scenario like more than 700000 messages in the queue with 2 active
consumers but only one consumer is picking the messages with Dispatched
queue size is 2 and another consumer is not picking any messages from the
queue,

"Connection IDClient ID : ID:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com-58355-1512269817352-2:2

ID:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com-58355-1512269817352-0:3

ID:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com-47233-1512269817306-2:3

ID:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com-47233-1512269817306-0:4

SessionID                   :  6
                                     6

Enqueues                   :  0
                                    428588

Dequeues                   :  0
                                    428586

Dispatched                  :  0
                                     428588

Dispatched Queue        :  0
                                      2

MAXpendingPrefetch     :  1
                                      0

                                      1
                                      0

RetroactiveExclusive     : true
                                    false

                                    true
                                    false"

Can someone help me here why only one consumer is picking messages from the
queue.

Thanks in advance
chinna.

Re: Dispatched Queue

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Off the top of my head, I can think of the following:
* all messages are published with the same group ID
* one consumer has a selector that doesn't match any messages
* one consumer is on a different broker in a network of brokers and you've
set decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority to true

I'd bet I could come up with more possible explanations, but maybe you
could spare me from making guesses by telling me more about your
configuration.

Also, where did you copy this output from? And should I interpret the
mangled lines that have two fields concatenated (the last two lines) as A,
B, A1, B1, A2, B2 or as A, B, A1, A2, B1, B2? That is, do both consumers
have Exclusive=false?

Tim