Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pica <pi...@biaix.org> on 2008/06/25 20:32:59 UTC

deadlock on memory full with transacted sends

Hi,

I can deadlock 5.1 & 5.2 latest snapshot configured for pure jdbc
persistence using maven's performance test like this:

mvn activemq-perf:producer -Dfactory.brokerURL=tcp://192.168.228.84:61616
-Dproducer.sessTransacted=true -Dproducer.sessAckMode=transacted
-Dproducer.deliveryMode=persistent -Dproducer.destName=queue://test.picaxu
-DsysTest.reportName=all_transacted_producer

mvn activemq-perf:consumer -Dfactory.brokerURL=tcp://192.168.228.84:61616
-Dconsumer.sessTransacted=true -Dconsumer.sessAckMode=transacted
-Dconsumer.destName=queue://test.picaxu
-DsysTest.reportName=all_transacted_consumer

I've read what I've found on this (including AMQ-1606) but can't find a
solution. I'm attaching my config, debug level logging & a thread dump
during the deadlock.

Any & all help appreciated.

qvb
--
pica

http://www.nabble.com/file/p18117330/activemq.xml activemq.xml
http://www.nabble.com/file/p18117330/thread.dump thread.dump
http://www.nabble.com/file/p18117330/activemq.log activemq.log

Re: deadlock on memory full with transacted sends

Posted by pica <pi...@biaix.org>.
Hi,

I've tried it with no luck. I've read about prefetchlimit, flowcontrol &
friends, but I'm having trouble making sense of it all. I'm developing and
invoicing application with camel, and thus I require reliable rather than
fast messaging (i.e.: HA, persistent messages, XA transactions and all the
fun). Apparently ActiveMQ is tuned out-of-the box for precisely the
opposite. What are the most relevant configuration options I should play
with?

thanks
--
pica