Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jorge Vásquez <jv...@3eyegroup.com> on 2007/05/03 22:34:06 UTC

double click issue in Firefox...

Regards to all,

During some testing I found that some unpredictable errors occur with
Firefox whenever a user clicks twice rapidly either on a commandLink or on a
commandButton.  What happens is that the respective method modifies some
internal state the first time but then when it gets executed again it founds
inconsistencies that cause an exception to be thrown.  Adding exception
controls to each method for this very specific scenario would result
terribly cumbersome, so I am writing to see if somebody out there has had a
similar problem and how have you managed to solve it.  I played the other
day for a while with JavaScript events but unfortunately those double click
events are uncontrollable when there’s also the presence of onclick events,
since most of the time double clicks are also interpreted as simple clicks
and that turns out to be a huge chaos.

I also tested this behaviour in IE7 (for which I must say that at last
Microsoft launched a descent browser) and there’s no problem.  Apparently
this browser blocks double clicks.

Thanks in advance to anybody that could give me some advice…

JV

Re: double click issue in Firefox...

Posted by Adrian Mitev <ad...@googlemail.com>.
You have to add the component to a customs taglib.xml in order to use it
with facelets.

Posted by Adrian Mitev <ad...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Mitev <ad...@googlemail.com>.