Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Christoph Aschwanden <ca...@hawaii.edu> on 2005/12/10 06:12:02 UTC

Apache MINA - Session Closing Problem

Hi there!

I think MINA is way cool! I already got part of my software ported to
use it. Please keep on going.

I successfully managed to established a client-server TCP/IP socket
connection.
I was able to send a login request from a client and return a login response
from the server.

However, I run into a problem. I sent another type of message. The client
successfully sends the message to my server, the server processes and
encodes the message. However, the server rather than to return the
encoded message, just closes the connection to the client; no error message.

Sorry, there is no error message (no exception, it's not an idle problem
either).
The server just closes the connection to the client without sending the
message.
What could be the problem?

I use the latest version 0.9.1 (dec 5).

Thanks.

Chris

Re: Apache MINA - Session Closing Problem

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

2005/12/10, Christoph Aschwanden <ca...@hawaii.edu>:

> I think MINA is way cool! I already got part of my software ported to
> use it. Please keep on going.
>
> I successfully managed to established a client-server TCP/IP socket
> connection.
> I was able to send a login request from a client and return a login
> response
> from the server.
>
> However, I run into a problem. I sent another type of message. The client
> successfully sends the message to my server, the server processes and
> encodes the message. However, the server rather than to return the
> encoded message, just closes the connection to the client; no error
> message.
>
> Sorry, there is no error message (no exception, it's not an idle problem
> either).
> The server just closes the connection to the client without sending the
> message.
> What could be the problem?
>
> I use the latest version 0.9.1 (dec 5).

I think you're using 0.8.1.  Could you try again with 0.8.2 which is
released recently?  And please check if your encoder fell into infinite
loop.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/