Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Trilok Prithvi <tr...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/12 20:25:02 UTC

SolrCloud - Shard splitting and re-sizing nodes

Hello,

We have a 2 shards (S1, S2), 2 replica (R1, R2) setup (Solr Cloud) using
4.10.2 version. Each shard and replica resides on its own nodes (so, total
of 4 nodes).

As the data increased, we would like to split the shards. So, we are
thinking about creating 4 more nodes (2 for shards (S3, S4) and 2 for
replicas).

If I do "SPLITSHARD", it splits and keeps the data on the same node. How do
we split the shard and migrate to the new nodes (S3 and S4)?

Thanks!
Trilok

Re: SolrCloud - Shard splitting and re-sizing nodes

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
A couple of options:
1> physically copy the index over
2> (what I prefer) is to use the ADDREPLICA
command from the Collections API to bring
up a new node on the new machine as a replica
of one of your splits. It'll automatically synchronize,
and after it's done then shut down the original split.

Best,
Erick

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM, Trilok Prithvi