Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Alexandre Beaulieu <ab...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/28 18:44:43 UTC

Custom component overriding OOTB application example

Hello, we are currently evaluating Ofbiz to use it as our development framework as well a use existing features as much as possible.

Can anybody provide a custom component example (or guidelines) where a feature in an OOTB application such as party/partymgr is customised without having to copy most of the application in the component?

For example, if we want to add some custom contact mechanism type to party, it seems overkill to have to copy the whole partymgr webapp/widget in the custom component just to customise that.
I'm missing a bit of the specifics to achieve that kind of customisation from the guidelines I found so far.

So if anybody can point me to a good example or better guidelines, that would be great.

Thanks.

Re: Custom component overriding OOTB application example

Posted by Alexandre Beaulieu <ab...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jacques!

Posted by Alexandre Beaulieu <ab...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Aditya!

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@apache.org>.
Hi Alexandre,

Adding to it. Here are some references

Extending form:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/ofbiz-plugins/branches/release17.12/birt/widget/accounting/AccountingForms.xml

Extending entity:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/ofbiz-plugins/branches/release17.12/projectmgr/entitydef/entitymodel.xml

For fields like Contact Mechanism, you can prepare data in your own
component and load it using ext reader

Doc on data readers:
https://www.hotwaxsystems.com/ofbiz/ofbiz-data-setupdata-reader-best-practices-tutorial/

List of existing  data readers can be found here: