Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Virender Singh <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/17 02:11:18 UTC

[chain] : ContextBase implementation having generic scopes

Hi,

I was thinking of having an implementation of ContextBase that would have
some generic scopes like request scope, user scope and application scope. I
feel these scopes are generic and can be part of an abstract type that is
higher in hierachy than the WebContext but lower than ContextBase. This can
then be used in different channels whether it is servlet or portlet or thick
client or message processing layer. That way my command implementations
using this type can be reused across the above-mentioned tiers. I understand
that we can use the Context type itself to make the command implementations
generic. But this is an idea I wanted to share. Also I see that accessing
the java-beans through the Context type may be a bit costly (as we use
reflection internally). Please let me know your views on the same.

Thanks,
Virender