Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/20 02:15:43 UTC

Open XML Filter

Hi all

Who is willing to work on the Open XML Filters? I have to explain you, why
I'm asking.

In the past few month, I worked on a new project witch resulted in a NGO
located in Switzerland called Vefko. The goal is, to offer other
Association communication and collaboration tools.

We are now at the software evaluation, and Apache Openoffice is on the
list. At the Moment it's mainly interesting in the headless mode. But the
poor OOXML Filter it's something negative at AOO. I know, that this topic
came op frequently. But I also know, that this is not an easy task.

So the big question, who is interested in something like this.

Regards, Raphael

Re: Open XML Filter

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter

Am .10.2017, 06:54 Uhr, schrieb Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>:

> During Apache POI is a cool idea. I will have a look at the weekend. I
> am in general interested in improving OOXML but I am still very slow in
> getting towards dev productivity. ( today is my certificate exam in ab
> initio, when I pass openoffice can move up my priority list again. YAY!)

Yea, I think we have to discuss this solution. Btw. good luck by the exam.

> Raphael if you are evaluating headless servers, have you tried to set
> one up ?

We will do tests, for sure. But in this case only on Linux. If I run in
trouble, I will send a mail to the dev.

> Can you do that, and check if the office process crashes at 100% cpu
> after transformation?
> Or write a guide how to setup a server?. I did not manage and I would
> like to get a bug report in that area tested.

We have anyway to write a doku so why not document this on a public
point... yes

Regards Raphael

Re: Open XML Filter

Posted by FR web forum <oo...@free.fr>.
>We are not in the position to put money into the project. However, we can
>Collect money for this project, and pay developers. That should be
>possible. We also willing to invest some menpower.

Thanks to keep us up to date if you funds this filter.
Through a crowdfunding website?

Re: Open XML Filter

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com>.
Hi all.

Re: Funds for Re: Open XML Filter

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

A third party entity could be formed to pay for development. An architecture and roadmap created either “there” or in the AOO project. Then developers could be recruited and paid.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Funds for Re: Open XML Filter

Posted by Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
@Andrea you said if we want to do something we should reach out. So I think this might be a thing:

How about creating a project plan, estimates for a budget and then start a campaign?

We could also check if we can staff the team introducing the people to interested financiers.
Which dev would be interested in general?

All the best
Peter

Re: Open XML Filter

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.