Posted to users@camel.apache.org by James Netherton <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/25 12:56:18 UTC

Camel Hystrix behaviour when circuit is open

Hi all,

I've been experimenting with camel-hystrix and wanted to check what the
expected (or correct) behaviour should be when the Hystrix circuit is open.

Looking at HystrixProcessorCommand.getFallback(), the fallback command is
only ever run if a prior exception was encountered. However, when the
circuit is in the open state, I'd expect a 'short-circuit' and the default
action would be to just invoke the fallback command (if configured).

I'm basing my assumptions on the Hystrix docs:

https://github.com/Netflix/Hystrix/wiki/How-it-Works

Is this a bug? Or am i misunderstanding how it should work in Camel?

--
James