Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by brian mullan <bm...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/10 14:46:13 UTC

guacamole RDP - how to configure FreeRDP "/home-drive" option

I'm trying to better understand Drive Redirection configuration.

I have an Ubuntu Desktop server with XRDP installed and  with a user
account for myself on it.

On my local PC I install freerdp2-x11 and from a terminal I can execute:

*$ xfreerdp /cert-ignore +gfx /rfx /rfx-mode:video /video /bpp:32
/dynamic-resolution /home-drive +clipboard /sound:sys:pulse /v:192.168.X.X*

The Desktop appears and everything works great.

What I liked was that both Freerdp2 and XRDP support the "*/home-drive*"
option which per the Freerdp Manual on Device Redirection
<https://github.com/awakecoding/FreeRDP-Manuals/blob/master/User/FreeRDP-User-Manual.markdown#redirection>
:

> *To redirect the user home directory as a drive,** use /home-drive:*
>
> xfreerdp /v:rdp.contoso.com /home-drive
>
> *This is convenient if the user "JohnDoe" wants to redirect only
> "/home/JohnDoe" instead of the root directory ("/").*

I believe I remember that Guacamole uses Freerdp for RDP connectivity.

*So is there a way within Guacamole's "connection" config to redirect the
User's local PC  /home/user_name*
*directory to be the User's Guacamole "Redirected Drive" ?*

*In essence... use the FreeRDP  "/home-drive" capability.*

If so... how is that configured?

Thanks for any info
Brian

Fwd: guacamole RDP - how to configure FreeRDP "/home-drive" option

Posted by brian mullan <bm...@gmail.com>.
Bump..

Re: guacamole RDP - how to configure FreeRDP "/home-drive" option

Posted by brian mullan <bm...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the info Nick.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.