Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com> on 2020/05/27 15:59:00 UTC

Critical (BLOCKER?) Plugin Manager timeout on installation with 12.0beta5 corrupts something

This was an attempt to download a plugin from PP3.

  * Timeout from PP3
  * NB installation corruption
  * plugin manager shows plugin was installed (it wasn't)

Here's some details. I'll experiment a little more, but wanted to alert
TPTB.

Installation failure

    *Installation completed unsuccessfully*
    Click Finish to quit the NetBeans IDE installer and try to restart IDE.

and

    The Plugin Installer found problem timeout of loading jVi for NB
    Update Center[nb-uc/1.2.3] while install the following plugins:

Being a glutton for punishment, I follwed directions and restarted NB.
Now "menu > tools" only shows "Plugins, Options". Before restart I had
been working with java projects. The plugin manager shows *everything*,
except UserInstalledPlugins, deactive: like BaseIDE, JavaSE, ...

I tried activating JavaSE, so now JavaSE and tools are active. Still no
BaseIDE. The tools menu looks better.

The plugin I tried to install, jVi UC, is shown as installed by the
plugin manager, but it's not.

I'll try a few more things with fresh userdir..., but I wanted to get
this out there right way. I have logs and will file an issue if needed.

-ernie

RE: PP3 generates invalid/inconsistent catalog data

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Sorry yes more IDE versus pp3 code.

Because if no important impact on IDE code I can prepare voting candidate. Otherwise we should wait a bit.

Best Regards
Eric

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com>.
Hi Eric,

    I am afraid it is our Apache NetBeans code, not anything Apache
Infra can help with.

Best regards,
-Jirka

RE: PP3 generates invalid/inconsistent catalog data (was: Re: Critical (BLOCKER?) Plugin Manager timeout on installation with 12.0beta5 corrupts something)

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi,

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.
(back to list)

"same author" not an issue. There are very few plugins at the new portal
(PP3) for 12.0 and I didn't want to use mine (for just this reason ;-)
); these are only some examples.

Good to know that it is reproducible elsewhere, though worse
implication. If it was just my system (and that happens) then it
wouldn't be a general issue.

-ernie

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.