Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Michael Potts <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2016/08/06 01:01:24 UTC

can't figure out how to enable new users requesting access (as per docs)

Hi: I’m running a BatchIQ-provisioned NiFi instance: it’s configured with a single (‘admin’) user.  I want to add additional (non-admin) users.  In the NiFi admin docs I see this:

  When users want access to the NiFi UI, they navigate to the configured URL and are prompted to request access. When someone has requested access, the ADMIN user sees a star on the Users icon in the Management Toolbar, alerting the ADMIN to the fact that a request is pending. Upon opening the User Management Page, the pending request is visible, and the ADMIN can grant access and click on the pencil icon to set the user’s roles appropriately.

However, when I point (any) browser to my NiFi instance I just get the standard login/password form, and any username other than ‘admin’ is rejected.  Am I doing it wrong?  I guess I’m missing something obvious?  Any help gratefully appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

PS. Related: the provisioned instance has an ec2-user account (with the public key I specified when I provisioned it), but I don’t know how to su to root, so I can’t poke around in /opt/nifi.  Is this also obvious?

Re: can't figure out how to enable new users requesting access (as per docs)

Posted by Michael Potts <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks!  I’ll try BatchIQ.  To be clear: I’m using the “community edition”, not paying for support: but hopefully this will be an easy response :)

Mike

Posted by James Wing <jv...@gmail.com>.
Michael,