Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/09 23:48:48 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Roller 6.0.0

Please vote to release RC2 as Apache Roller 6.0.0. Release candidate files
are here:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/roller/roller-6.0/v6.0.0/

Please vote +1 to release or -1 with reason(s) not to release.

Thanks,
Dave

PS. This is the proposed release announcement:

The Apache Roller project is pleased to announce the release of Roller
6.0.0.

You can find a list of the issues resolved in Roller 6 here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ROL/versions/12344884

In summary, Roller 6 is a new version of Roller with these features:
* Web interface has been rewritten to use Twitter bootstrap via the Struts
2 Bootstrap tags.
* Most dependencies have been upgraded to latest version.
* Compiled with Java 11 and requires Java 11.
* The installation giude has been converted from OpenOffice to AsciiDocs.

It should be relatively easy to ugrade from Roller 5.2.4 to Roller 6
because there are no changes to the database schema (that means you can
easily roll back if you find problems). The user interface is different and
we hope you'll find it better, easier to use, more intuitive and with a
more modern feel.

Thanks to the many contributors to Roller for this new release. We hope
you'll enjoy and find it useful.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Roller 6.0.0

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
sorry, more logging on the template remove

09:00:00.058 [http-nio-8080-exec-7] WARN
org.apache.struts2.components.ServletUrlRenderer - No configuration found
for the specified action: 'templateRemove' in namespace:
'/roller-ui/authoring'. Form action defaulting to 'action' attribute's
literal value.

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
Dave,

Looks great!

Can these be checked?

1. Comment edit onclick, does not like the size(), .length works though
(ff).

roller/roller-ui/authoring/comments.rol on the edit comment

function editComment(id) {
        // make sure we have the full comment
        //if ($("#link-" + id).size() > 0) readMoreComment(id, editComment);
        if ($("#link-" + id).length > 0) readMoreComment(id, editComment);

        // save the original comment value
        comments[id] = $("#comment-" + id).html();

        $("#editlink-" + id).hide();
        $("#savelink-" + id).show();
        $("#cancellink-" + id).show();

        // put comment in a textarea for editing
        $("#comment-" + id).html("<textarea style='width:100%' rows='10'>"
+ comments[id] + "</textarea>");
    }

2. Template delete does not work

roller/roller-ui/authoring/templates page delete template click

TypeError: document.templateRemove is undefined

Cheers Greg

Posted by Dongxu 王东旭 <ec...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Gaurav Saini <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Cancelled - Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Roller 6.0.0

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
I will re-open voting once I have RC3 ready.

Dave

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Swapnil M Mane <sw...@apache.org>.
+1, thank you Dave.

[...]

more details of the changes introduced with this new version please refer to