Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Victoria Bialas <vi...@confluent.io> on 2019/08/24 00:18:57 UTC

Re: Can I translate the documentation of Kafka ���

Hello ,
Sorry for the delay in response to your question. We seem to have differing opinions.

I thought I'd send to you the two most pertinent responses from Guozhang and Matthias, and perhaps take it from there.

Victoria
londoncalling on GitHub

- - -

Guozhang Wang
Thu, Aug 15, 9:56 AM (8 days ago)

There are some old docs translating kafka.apache.org to Chinese but are on old versions and out of date, e.g.:

http://cwiki.apachecn.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2885670
https://www.bookstack.cn/books/apache-kafka-documentation-cn

Strictly speaking no one can prevent anyone translating and maintaining their docs from apache.org.

Guozhang

- - -

Matthias J. Sax
Attachments
Thu, Aug 15, 10:04 AM (8 days ago)

I guess the question is, if Kafka webpage should host the translated
docs. Reading between the lines, I get the impression that the person
want to contribute this to the project?

If Kafka should host it the question is if the community is able to
review and maintain the translation. Not sure how many community members
(that review code) speak Chinese.

But this may be a PMC question?

-Matthias