Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Alexander W. Janssen" <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/02 22:44:52 UTC

[users@httpd] Troubles with mod_rewrite and htaccess

Hi!

I want to do a RewriteRule in a .htaccess, but it only works, if I set
"AllowOverride All" in the <DIrectory>. But the manual says, an
"AllowOverride FileInfo" should be enough.

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewriterule

Yet, if I only set "AllowOverride FileInfo", the Apache gives me a HTTP 500.

Any ideas? Did I do something wrong? Did I find a bug? Is the manual wrong?

Cheers, Alex.

--
The best thing about procrastinating is you can do it NOW and ANYTIME.

Re: [users@httpd] Troubles with mod_rewrite and htaccess

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 5:44 AM, Alexander W. Janssen
<al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want to do a RewriteRule in a .htaccess, but it only works, if I set
> "AllowOverride All" in the <DIrectory>. But the manual says, an
> "AllowOverride FileInfo" should be enough.
>
> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewriterule
>
> Yet, if I only set "AllowOverride FileInfo", the Apache gives me a HTTP 500.
>
> Any ideas? Did I do something wrong? Did I find a bug? Is the manual wrong?

Maybe it's a different htaccess file, what does the error log say?