Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Raj Singh <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/23 17:52:25 UTC

need generic xsl design for dynamic pdf files

Dear team,
     I am new to java,xml and fop,plz guide me in my urgent requirement,
    below r d points for requirements
     1. I've to print pdf files using socket in java.
     2. I've to write such method which will contain three parameters
as input those would be
        filename with path,ip address and port.
     3. Based on those inputs i've to read the file(s) from app server
path, have to print the
        pdf file with as per the file content which can be anything.
     4. Some body suggested me to use xsl-fop, but in my case the file
name will be dynamic
        ,is there any method to desgin the generic xsl for any type of
file plz guide me

	you can reach at rajoca2011@gmail.com
Thanks in advance
Raj Singh

Re: need generic xsl design for dynamic pdf files

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Raj Singh <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear team,
>      I am new to java,xml and fop,plz guide me in my urgent requirement,
>     below r d points for requirements
>      1. I've to print pdf files using socket in java.
>      2. I've to write such method which will contain three parameters
> as input those would be
>         filename with path,ip address and port.
>      3. Based on those inputs i've to read the file(s) from app server
> path, have to print the
>         pdf file with as per the file content which can be anything.
>      4. Some body suggested me to use xsl-fop, but in my case the file
> name will be dynamic
>         ,is there any method to desgin the generic xsl for any type of
> file plz guide me

No. Look for XSLT tutorials. This is NOT the Mail List for discussing XSLT
[1]. FOP only provides an XSLT pre-processor function as a convenience for
users that don't want to invoke XSLT separately.  The real substance of FOP
is the processing of XSL-FO content [2] produced by the XSLT preprocessor
(or input directly to FOP). Feel free to ask about XSL-FO specifics here
though. See also FOP documentation [3].

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xsl11-20061205/
[3] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/