Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Istvan Toth <st...@apache.org> on 2020/10/27 07:27:00 UTC

Please help with adding a "Release Notes" field to Jira

Hi!

To make use of the automatic release notes generation feature of Yetus and
the new release scripts, we need to expose a "Relese Notes" field in JIRA.
Poking around the JIRA projects configuration, this seems to require
replacing or editing the "screen"s of the project.
JIRA tells me that I do not have the permissions to do any of this.

Do we need to ask INFRA to create / change the screens ?
Do we want to have our own screens, or is switching to HBase project's
screen the way to go ?

Please share your wisdom if you have any experience with this.

For context:

regards
Istvan

Re: Please help with adding a "Release Notes" field to Jira

Posted by Geoffrey Jacoby <gj...@apache.org>.
I'm not a JIRA expert, but I double-checked and you're listed as a Phoenix
project admin, as you should be as a PMC member. I assume that means you
have the same permissions as the rest of the PMC, with the possible
exception of Josh who's listed as project lead. (Which should probably be
changed to Ankit as he's currently Phoenix VP.)

Geoffrey