Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by bijieshan <bi...@huawei.com> on 2011/10/25 05:15:21 UTC

Suggest to add a choice of using round-robin assignment on enable-table

Hi,

Under some scenarios, we use the function of disable/enable HTable. But currently, enable HTable using the random-assignment. We hope all the regions show a better distribution, no matter how many regions and how many regionservers.

So I suggest to add a choice of using round-robin assignment on enable-table.

Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks,
Jieshan

Re: Suggest to add a choice of using round-robin assignment on enable-table

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I think it makes sense.
Do you mind logging a JIRA ?