Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Geelen van, E (Edwin)" <E....@rf.rabobank.nl> on 2001/12/04 09:32:37 UTC

RE: JetSpeed Vs IBM

>  I personally think installing IBM's Portal Server would be
>  easier since it
>  has install scripts and it initializes your database and
>  LDAP.  It also has
>  documentation which is still lacking with Jetspeed.

We've been wrestling with WPS for some time now at my company. It's a nice
enough product, but don't expect too much from the documentation or support.
Nobody at IBM could answer our most pressing questions. Which rather turns
everything around: Jetspeed is open source, so you have access to the
experience of many other users.
On the other hand, things like installing a PAR file on WPS work quite
smoothly (if you can stand an endless stream of 'do something, press
continue, press finish'). But if you want to try something more than
standard, you're more or less on your own.

Edwin

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren.
The information contained in this message may be confidential
and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you
receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents
herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.