Posted to geospatial@apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2022/12/26 18:50:37 UTC

GeoAPI 3.0.2 release candidate 1 available on staging repository

Hello all

In OGC meeting last October, GeoAPI 3.0.2 has been presented to the
closing plenary for approval. GeoAPI [1] is the OGC standard defining
Java interfaces in the 'org.opengis' namespace. GeoAPI 3.0.2 is an
upgrade of GeoAPI 3.0.1 with identical Java interfaces – no API added or
removed. The only significant changes are:

  * Add 'module-info' (used only by Java 9+) with 'org.opengis.geoapi'
    as the module name.
  * Upgrade minimal Java requirement from Java 7 to Java 8.
  * Upgrade Unit Of Measurement dependency from JSR-363 to JSR-385 [2].
    This is the standard from Java Community Process that defines
    interfaces in the 'javax.measure' namespace.

Because those changes are only upgrades (adding a module name is part of
upgrading to Java 9), this is considered a corrigendum. The release
candidate is available on a staging repository. It can be tested by
adding the following declaration in a Maven project:

    <repositories>
       <repository>
         <id>geoapi.staging</id>
         <name>GeoAPI staging repository</name>
         <url>https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/orgopengis-1200/</url>
       </repository>
    </repositories>

I already tested with the following projects:

  * Apache SIS [3]
  * PROJ-JNI [4]
  * IOGP GIGS tests suite [5]. In particular I have run the GIGS tests
    on Apache SIS with both projects using GeoAPI 3.0.2.

While OGC did not requested a public comment period for the release of a
Maven artifact, I guess that applying the 30 days period would be fair.
So if there is no objection by Friday January 27th, the artifact in
above-cited URL will be published as-is to the Maven Central repository.

     Martin

[1]http://www.geoapi.org/
[2]https://github.com/opengeospatial/geoapi/issues/66
[3]https://github.com/apache/sis