Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Umashanthi Pavalanathan <um...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/16 18:49:18 UTC

Is Roller in GSoC 2010?

Hi,

I remember plenty of project proposals for Roller in GSoC 2009.

What are the plans for Roller about GSoC 2010?

It would be nice to hear from someone.

Thanks &Regards,
Umashanthi

Re: Is Roller in GSoC 2010?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Umashanthi Pavalanathan
<um...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are these projects mentioned in the last year GSoC list (
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2009#roller) , completed or is it
> possible to work on this ideas this time?
>
> Support data import/export for Roller blogs
> Simple Social Networking for Roller blog server

Neither of those ideas was implemented and both of them are fine
ideas, but the social networking one might be a little overly
ambitious -- we might want to simplify it.

Also: I'd love to hear some new ideas. Do you have some?

- Dave

Re: Is Roller in GSoC 2010?

Posted by Umashanthi Pavalanathan <um...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

Are these projects mentioned in the last year GSoC list (
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2009#roller) , completed or is it
possible to work on this ideas this time?

Support data import/export for Roller blogs
Simple Social Networking for Roller blog server

Regards,
Umashanthi

Re: Is Roller in GSoC 2010?

Posted by Umashanthi Pavalanathan <um...@gmail.com>.
Hello Dave,

Re: Is Roller in GSoC 2010?

Posted by Umashanthi Pavalanathan <um...@gmail.com>.
Hello Dave,

Re: Is Roller in GSoC 2010?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
The Apache Community Development Project will be managing Apache's
GSOC participation this year so I have subscribed to that project's
mailing list.

Re: Is Roller in GSoC 2010?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.