Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jan-Michael Ong <jm...@adobe.com> on 2002/12/01 02:39:53 UTC

deploying a WAR file without restarting? and Cookie Name problem in 3.2.1

Greetings Tomcat Users Group,

I'm hoping that you can help me here. I've purchased the "Prof. Apache
Tomcat" book and searched through the archives but I'm unable to get any
meaningful results for the following two questions:

1. JBoss allows for "hot deployment"--that is if I get my terms right--the
ability for an instance to use a new WAR file or java class without
restarting. Is this possible in Tomcat? Would you be so kind to point to
any source of reference out there? I'm just familiarizing myself with JBoss
and according to its documentation its also possible to "hot deploy" to one
instance and have it propagate through its siblings. Is this scenario
possible in Tomcat?

2. I've read that in 3.2.4 the "Cookie name path is a reserved token" error
was fixed that was present in previous versions such as 3.2.1. What and/or
how exactly was it fixed? I guess I can try to do a recursive diff between
the two source trees but I don't even know what to look for. Any
suggestions on how to find this elusive problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and I hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Jan-Michael

Redirecting requests back to the webserver from tomcat

Posted by Prashanth Pushpagiri <pr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi

Is there a way to redirect a request that comes to
tomcat back to the main webserver (IIS or Apache
etc.). I want to use tomcat to verify the existence of
a session and then send it back to IIS to serve the
page out. Is this possible?

Thanks
Prashanth