Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Alberto Canzi <ca...@openfor.net> on 2002/02/04 19:43:53 UTC

Embedding perl on Apache W32

Hi I would like to install apache with embedded perl.
I've installed Apache on a w98 pc.
I've installed ActiveState Perl
>From Dos shell I've executed:
ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/mod_perl.ppd
(installing mod_perl.so into C:\programmi\apache group\apache\modules
directory)
and I've executed:
ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/HTML-Embperl.ppd
to install Embedde-Perl module.

Everything seem to be well-done.

And now??
On Linux system, after having recompiled Apache with mod_perl module
activated and installed HTML-EmbPerl module I used to add this lines to
srm.conf:

-----
SetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 2285
<Files *.epl>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler HTML::EmbPerl
Options ExecCGI
</Files>

AddType text/html .epl
----

So any page which file extension is .epl is known to contain perl code
and apache executes it...

But on W98 as I start Apache I get:
Syntax error on line x of c:\programmi\apache
group\apache\conf\srm.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a

I thought that mod_perl (although it is installed on my pc) isn't loaded
by apache, so I've added this line in srm.conf (before the file section
shown above):

LoadModule mod_perl modules\mod_perl.so

And when I start Apache I get:
Syntax error on line xx of c:\programmi\apache
group\apache\conf\srm.conf:
Can't locate API module structure 'mod_perl' in file c:\programmi\apache
group\apache\modules\mod_perl.so

What have I to do to configure Apache to embed perl code on my web pages
on W98??

Many thanks,
Alberto

--
Alberto Canzi
OpenFor s.r.l.

Re: Embedding perl on Apache W32

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Alberto Canzi wrote:

> Hi I would like to install apache with embedded perl.
> I've installed Apache on a w98 pc.
> I've installed ActiveState Perl
> >From Dos shell I've executed:
> ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/mod_perl.ppd
> (installing mod_perl.so into C:\programmi\apache group\apache\modules
> directory)
> and I've executed:
> ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/HTML-Embperl.ppd
> to install Embedde-Perl module.
>
> Everything seem to be well-done.
>
> And now??
> On Linux system, after having recompiled Apache with mod_perl module
> activated and installed HTML-EmbPerl module I used to add this lines to
> srm.conf:
[ .. ]

> But on W98 as I start Apache I get:
> Syntax error on line x of c:\programmi\apache
> group\apache\conf\srm.conf:
> Invalid command 'PerlHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
> module not included in the server configuration

> I thought that mod_perl (although it is installed on my pc) isn't loaded
> by apache, so I've added this line in srm.conf (before the file section
> shown above):
>
> LoadModule mod_perl modules\mod_perl.so
>
> And when I start Apache I get:
> Syntax error on line xx of c:\programmi\apache
> group\apache\conf\srm.conf:
> Can't locate API module structure 'mod_perl' in file c:\programmi\apache
> group\apache\modules\mod_perl.so

Try, in the config file

Also, if you have a "ClearModuleList" directive after
this enabled, you'll have to add

     AddModule mod_perl.c

best regards,
randy kobes