Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2002/11/26 09:58:20 UTC

JCE and JDK 1.4

Hi,

now that we've switched to JDK 1.4, we don't need JCE (and probably
some other things that have been swallowed by 1.4) as a standalone
project any longer.  If we really wanted to use bouncycastle's
version, we'd have to put it into the bootclasspath.  Is this worth
it?

Using bountycastle's implementation has helped to identify a hardcoded
Sun provider reference in commons-httpclient a while ago, but with JDK
1.4 we wouldn't catch that as the provider is part of the core class
library anyway.

Stefan