Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hans-Erik Skyttberg <Ha...@boxer.se> on 2001/09/24 16:10:37 UTC

Hi! I have followed the instructions in

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 331 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid virtual host name
                                                           [FAILED]

This is in my httpd.conf:
LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c

<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
    WebAppConnection conn warp localhost:8008
    WebAppDeploy examples conn /examples
</IfModule>

I have not touched server.xml, do I need to in order for the examples to
work ?
With mod_jk you could tell htat only .jsp files should be sent to
tomcat, is this gone with tomcat 4.0 and webapps ?

Any help greatly appreciated ?

I read something in server.xml that I should exchange localhost for the
same values as in ServerName in http.conf, I didn't find any value that
was localhost underneath this comment so if someone can give me an
example of how the standard <Service> should look like for this to
work....

Regrads

Hans - Erik Skyttberg
Boxer TV Access AB
Tegluddsv. 64
115 28 Stockholm
+46 (0)8 587 899 64
+46 (0)733 35 70 64

Re: Hi! I have followed the instructions in

Posted by Marcel May <Ma...@consol.de>.
Set the server name in httpd.conf should solve that (commented out by default), e.g.
"ServerName myhost.mydomain.com"

--
Marcel May
Development