Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jerry Martinez <je...@jmweb.net> on 2018/10/02 04:50:32 UTC

[users@httpd] MaxSpareThreads not being honored

Could anyone tell me why Apache is not killing processes containing nothing
but idle threads and whose aggregate total exceeds MaxSpareThreads? Here are
some specs:

Server Version: Apache/2.4.35 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.2l
Server MPM: event

All MPM Event settings are default with the exception of MaxSpareThreads
which is set to 100. This means ServerLimit = 16 and ThreadsPerChild = 25.
According to mod_status, I have 16 total processes containing 399 idle
threads. This has been the case for about 12 hours.

Thanks!

Jerry Martinez