Posted to bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org by Is...@ny.frb.org on 2003/05/08 20:16:07 UTC

Need help modifying existing class

Hi all.  I'm a newbie to BCEL and I'm trying to figure out how to add
fields and methods to an existing class.  Can anyone show me a small
example.

Thanks.

RE: Need help modifying existing class

Posted by Bjoern Wuest <bj...@comtec.e-technik.uni-kassel.de>.
Hello

As I am not so experienced with BCEL, I did using the 'FieldGen' and
'MethodGen' classes in the 'org.apache.bcel.classfile' package. To use such
this operations, you need an instance of 'JavaClass'.
I tried to learn BCEL using the excellent BCELifier that you can find in
'org.apache.bcel.util'.
Here is a small example on how to use the BCELifier:

try {
	org.apache.bcel.util.ClassLoaderRepository clr = new
org.apache.bcel.util.ClassLoaderRepository(System.class.getClassLoader());
	org.apache.bcel.classfile.JavaClass cls =
clr.loadClass("me.you.AndClass");
	org.apache.bcel.util.BCELifier bf = new
org.apache.bcel.util.BCELifier(cls, System.out);
	bf.start();
} catch (Exception Ex) {
	Ex.printStackTrace();
}