Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "prasad.chaudhari@conject.com" <pr...@googlemail.com> on 2006/07/21 19:46:37 UTC

WSDL generation using axis2.0

Hi All,

When I use RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver as a messageReceiver, and ask Axis for
wsdl  (http://192.168.20.126:8080/axis2/services/OurService?wsdl)
it shows me following message.

<error>
<description>Unable to generate WSDL for this service</description>
<reason>
Either user has not dropped the wsdl into META-INF or operations use message
receivers other than RPC.
</reason>
</error>

Is it a feature if I use RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver as a messageReceiver
then I will not get the wsdl but will have to write it on my own?

Or Part 2
What is the correct apporoach if want to write a webservice which expects
following xml.

 <example1:echo xmlns:example1="http://example1.org/example1">
	<example1:ProjectID>1111</example1:Text>
        <example1:WorkflowID>22222</example1:Text>
         <example1:stepname>step</example1:Text>
 </example1:echo>

and returns

<example1:echoResult xmlns:example1="http://example1.org/example1">

	<example1:result>1 </example1:Text>
        <example1:next step>22222 </example1:Text>

</example1:echoResult>

Which receiver I should use?
Should I write wsdl first and then generate the server classes?

Looking forward to read from you. Thanks for reading this long email.

-Prasad

Re: WSDL generation using axis2.0

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Axis will only auto-generate a WSDL if you use the RPC receiver.
Otherwise you must supply the WSDL.

I always recommend writing the WSDL first. Define a schema that
describes your input and output messages, and insert that schema into
the <wsdl:types> section.

Note that your sample return message is not well-formed XML.

Anne