Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu> on 2015/11/28 02:49:15 UTC

contributors ICLA clarification

I just want to clarify whether a contributor, not a committer, needs an
ICLA on file before being able to submit pull requests or patches. My
understanding from https://www.apache.org/licenses/ is that a signed
Contributor Licence Agreement for contributors who are not yet committers,
while desired, is not required. A signed ICLA is required for committers.

Can one of the mentors please confirm/deny this?

Thank you very much,
Adina

--
Dr. Adina Crainiceanu
http://www.usna.edu/Users/cs/adina/

Re: contributors ICLA clarification

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
yep, that's correct. folks who can push to the repo need to have an ICLA.

For other contributors, their intention to donate to the foundation
under the ASLv2 is marked by attaching the patch to jira or submitting
the PR.