Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Günter Ladwig <gl...@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de> on 2009/07/14 17:12:30 UTC

Stream field values

Hi,

I have a situation, where stored, un-indexed fields can contain
potentially large amounts of data. Is it possibly to read the contents
of a field incrementally? That is, do not load the complete contents
from disk, but read X bytes at a time. Does the Reader returned by
Field.readerValue() work that way? Or is this only possible with
tokenized fields?

Thanks!

Regards,
Günter
--
Dipl.-Inform. Günter Ladwig
Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe, D-76128 Karlsruhe

Re: Stream field values

Posted by Günter Ladwig <gl...@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>.
Hi,

thanks for your answer. I know about lazy loading fields, but my
question is whether fields are always loaded as a whole or if it is
possible in some way to stream a field's contents.

Regards,
Günter

Re: Stream field values

Posted by Günter Ladwig <gl...@gmail.com>.