Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Schmitt, Christian" <Ch...@Dresdner-Bank.com> on 2000/04/19 10:35:21 UTC

Initializing org.apache.cocoon.Engine

Hi,
I'm using a servlet and pipe it's output into Cocoon using "cocoonEngine =
Engine.getInstance();" etc. Now my problem is when the WebServer (Apache
1.3.12/JServ 1.1) start up fresh the Cocoon engine doesn't seem to be
initialized. The code "cocoonEngine = Engine.getInstance();" throws the
Exception "The Cocoon engine has not been initialized!". It only works after
I run an example from the cocoon/samples directory. Is there a way I can
initialize the engine by myself when the exception is thrown?
I could look it up in the source code, but so far I have no idea which file
to start in :-(

Thanks for any insight.

Christian Schmitt