Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Paul Glezen <pg...@us.ibm.com> on 2005/08/19 22:17:25 UTC

selectKey with Oracle

Hi, Folks,

I get a "sequence does not exist" error message when trying to get the key
resulting from an insert into an Oracle table.  The key is a column called
"unique_product_id" which maps to uniqueProductId in my bean.  My insert
statement looks like this.

<insert id="addProduct" parameterClass="xyz.ProductEntityBean">
   <selectKey keyProperty="uniqueProductId" resultClass="long">
       select stockidsequence.nextval as id from dual
   </selectKey>
      insert into mrt_product (COMPANY_ID,  DIVISION_ID,  UPC_NO)
                      values  (#companyId#, #divisionId#, #upcNo#)
</insert>

The full error message is:

11:42:58:693 ERROR ibatis.IbatisProductMaintenance - Encountered SQL
exception during addProduct.
11:42:58:703 ERROR ibatis.IbatisProductMaintenance -
--- The error occurred in productMap.xml.
--- Check the addProduct-SelectKey-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the statement (query failed).
--- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-02289: sequence does not exist

- Paul

Re: selectKey with Oracle

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
The "sequence does not exist" error is an Oracle message.

Try it from sql*plus (with the same user/password as iBATIS is using),
and let us know how that works.

Larry