Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org> on 2010/07/21 12:00:26 UTC

IteartoRmerger: field access

Hi Manuel

I've noticed that in
org.apache.clerezza.utils/src/main/java/org/apache/clerezza/utils/IteratorMerger.java
you have changed the visibility of the fields from private to protected. I'm
wondering what the motivation for this is, also (I know I'm forgetting this
often too) all public and protected members should have a javadoc comment.

Cheers,
reto

Re: IteartoRmerger: field access

Posted by Manuel Innerhofer <ma...@trialox.org>.
Hi Reto,

I made a subclass of IteratorMerger which merges also ClosableIterators.
I needed access to the fields to implement the close()-method (which
closes all ClosableIterators in the baseIterators). If you consider it
bad design let me know and revert it. Anyway I added the missing
javadocs.

Cheers,
Manuel