Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com> on 2017/03/10 16:47:01 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.0.0

Hello all,

I'd like to propose an Apache Artemis 2.0.0 release.  This will be first
major bump for Apache Artemis which represents a major milestone.

The two major pieces of work in this major release are:

* A complete overhaul of the addressing model which is now much more
powerful, gives a better cross protocol experience and opens the door to
further feature.

* Persistence of messages in their raw state.  This has been a significant
refactor, which enables significant increases performance, the AMQP
protocol is now almost 10x as fast!

On top of these two major features, there has been a **huge** amount of
work on improvements, fixes and features.  Check out the release notes for
more information.

The release notes can be found here:
*https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12338813
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12338813>*

The binary distributions can be found here:
*https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1121/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/2.0.0/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1121/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/2.0.0/>*

The source archives can be found here:
*https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1121/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/2.0.0/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1121/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/2.0.0/>*

The Maven repository is here:
*https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1121
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1121>*

The source tag:
*https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.0.0
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.0.0>*

I will update the website after the vote.

The vote will remain open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.0.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my (binding) +1

Regards

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.0.0

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1

* Validated the signatures and checksums
* Built from source and ran some of the tests
* Ran the binary distribution and ran some AMQP tests against it
* Checked that the license and notice files were included and correct.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.0.0

Posted by Howard Gao <ho...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.0.0

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.0.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.0.0

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.0.0

Posted by nigro_franz <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

* Built from source and ran dev tests
* Ran the binary distribution and ran some load tests