Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com> on 2013/04/25 22:05:56 UTC

Synchronized LDAP users got UUID assigned as username

Hi there

I've set up an LDAP connector and corresponding resource. The import/synchronization works fine (for all attributes defined in my user schema) but the username got assigned a UUID instead of the username I defined as account link:

'uid=' + username + ',o=users,dc=fediz,dc=org'

or

Account User Name Attributes (uid).

I've set up the LDAP connector based on the docs here:

https://connid.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BASE/LDAP

But my synchronized users got assigned a username with a UUID - not stored in my LDAP directory.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Oli

Re: Synchronized LDAP users got UUID assigned as username

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 29/04/2013 12:51, Oliver Wulff wrote:

> Didn't know that I can skip it. Can you shed some light on the purpose
> of RoleOwnerSchema?

The main purpose of role owner in Syncope is to track and be able to
manage the group owner information, available in either LDAP and Active
Directory, for groups.

Additionally, as reported in SYNCOPE-225, "Role owner will be
automatically entitled to make modifications on the owned role and on
all descendants with inheritOwner = true"; this applies both when role
owner is an user or another role.

RoleOwnerSchema is a handful shortcut for generating the group owner
information in a suitable form (DN, for LDAP).

Hope this clarifies a bit.
Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

RE: Synchronized LDAP users got UUID assigned as username

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
Didn't know that I can skip it. Can you shed some light on the purpose of RoleOwnerSchema?

I tried to follow the JIRAs based on the change log but it's not clear yet to me ;-)

Thanks

Oliver

________________________________

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
It worked using cn (if I choose uid then only synchronization did work but not propagation).

I've also tried to configure the roles but I can't save my resource setting. I get the following error:

[RequiredValuesMissing [intAttrName]]

Of course, the RoleName and RoleOwnerSchema has got no internal attribute because it's disabled in the GUI (same on the screenshot in your blog).

Here a snippet of the REST request written to console log:

]
  rmapping=org.apache.syncope.common.to.MappingTO@7231b360<ma...@7231b360>[
  accountLink='cn=' + name + ',ou=groups,dc=fediz,dc=org'
  items=[org.apache.syncope.common.to.MappingItemTO@253785a2[
  id=<null>
  intAttrName=<null>
  intMappingType=RoleName
  extAttrName=<null>
  accountid=true
  password=false
  mandatoryCondition=true
  purpose=BOTH
], org.apache.syncope.common.to.MappingItemTO@66652fd9<ma...@66652fd9>[
  id=<null>
  intAttrName=<null>
  intMappingType=RoleOwnerSchema
  extAttrName=owner
  accountid=false
  password=false
  mandatoryCondition=false
  purpose=BOTH
]]

Any ideas?

________________________________

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 02/05/2013 10:06, Oliver Wulff wrote:

> Do you agree that this is an issue in syncope and shall I open a JIRA?

No: we can discuss whether this is an issue of the LDAP connector, not
in Syncope: please write to connid-dev@googlegroups.com for this, with
full details (including the LDAP server you are working with).

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

RE: Synchronized LDAP users got UUID assigned as username

You said the uid attribute name should be cn if using roles as well. I've configured uid because cn is usually the full name in an ldap directory (as mentioned before).

How, I've configured the roles and get the following exception:

[LDAP: error code 65 - OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION: failed for MessageType : ADD_REQUEST
Message ID : 14
    Add Request :
Entry
    dn[n]: cn=TestRole,ou=groups,dc=fediz,dc=org
    objectClass: groupOfNames
    objectClass: top
    member: uid=admin,ou=system
    uid: TestRole
    cn: TestRole
: ERR_277 Attribute uid not declared in objectClasses of entry cn=TestRole,ou=groups,dc=fediz,dc=org]

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro <ma...@tirasa.net>.
Hi Oliver,

On Apr 25, 2013, at 10:05 PM, Oliver Wulff wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I've set up an LDAP connector and corresponding resource. The import/synchronization works fine (for all attributes defined in my user schema) but the username got assigned a UUID instead of the username I defined as account link:
> 'uid=' + username + ',o=users,dc=fediz,dc=org'
> or
> Account User Name Attributes (uid).

In the Ldap Connector configuration you must set the Uid Attribute Field with value uid.

> I've set up the LDAP connector based on the docs here:
> https://connid.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BASE/LDAP
>
> But my synchronized users got assigned a username with a UUID - not stored in my LDAP directory.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>

> Thanks
> Oli

Regards