Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by lr...@primavera.com on 2003/07/09 23:11:13 UTC

URI resolution problem with FOP

Hi

I am using FOP to generate PDF for the content listed below. The embedded
SVG content is generated using Batik. Processing the content with FOP fails
as it cant resolve the URL for clipPath1 referenced in the rect element. I
added some tracing to URI resolver to debug the problem. It seems that
URIResolver is designed to handle internal document references of the from
"#<element-id>" but the URL is see passed is of the form "//#<element-id>".
I have made my own patch to URIResolver to work around this issue but Im
wondering what may be causing it, I have seen no other information on this
issue. Is this issue resolved in a later FOP release?

I am using WebLogic 7.0 SP2 and its associated XML parsers
FOP 0.20.4 (Could someone tell me which build of Batik is shipped with this
Fop release, cant seem to figure it out)
The content is being generated in a servlet.

Thoughts?

==================================================FOP Content
==================================
  <!-- defines the layout master -->
  <fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:simple-page-master master-name="first"
                           page-height="21cm"
                           page-width="29.7cm"
                           margin-top="1cm"
                           margin-bottom="1cm"
                           margin-left="1cm"
                           margin-right="2cm">
      <fo:region-body margin-top="0.5cm" margin-bottom="0.5cm" margin-right
="10cm"/>
      <fo:region-before extent="1cm"/>
      <fo:region-after extent="1cm"/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>
  </fo:layout-master-set>

  <!-- starts actual layout -->
  <fo:page-sequence master-reference="first">
    <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
    <!-- chart start -->
<fo:block space-before.optimum="3pt" space-after.optimum="20pt">
<fo:instream-foreign-object>
<svg:svg xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="500" height="500">
  <!--Generated by the Batik Graphics2D SVG Generator-->
  <svg:defs id="genericDefs" />
  <svg:g>
    <svg:defs id="defs1">
      <svg:clipPath clipPathUnits="userSpaceOnUse" id="clipPath1">
        <svg:path d="M84 10 L84 424 L490 424 L490 10 Z" />
      </svg:clipPath>
    </svg:defs>
      <svg:rect x="87" y="424" clip-path="url(#clipPath1)" width="26"
height="1" stroke="none" />
    </svg:g>
  </svg:g>
</svg:svg>