Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl> on 2008/04/16 11:52:28 UTC

Todo gadget using not supported feature, time to update README?

Hey Guys,

Well it looks like it might be a sad day, a day on which we have to
say goodbye to our old friend, the todo gadget, who has served us so
well as the standard gadget that we would tell people to use when
checking out shindig, I'm sure we'll all miss our old friend a lot,

On a more serious note: If you look at http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml
  you'll notice it now uses the 'locked-domain' feature, something
that has to do with http://code.google.com/apis/visualization/documentation/gadgets.html
  i believe, which is iGoogle only from the looks of things. So
shindig (both java and php versions) error out on this with an
'Unsupported feature' error.

We mention this gadget in the shindig/java/README:
4) Hit server at http://localhost:<port>/gadgets/ifr?url=<gadget-url>
    Example: http://localhost:<port>/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml

So ... time to pick another gadget and update the README i guess :-)

	-- Chris

Re: Problem with samplecontainer.html

Posted by "M. Lucas" <ml...@cam.ac.uk>.
Thanks Cassie,

It works now.

Michiel Lucas
CARET

Posted by Cassie <do...@google.com>.
Michiel -

Re: Todo gadget using not supported feature, time to update README?

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
Any candidates for an alternative default gadget?

As a work around, we could just drop in a dummy locked-domain feature for
the time being and continue using it, but I don't like that solution unless
/ until locked-domain becomes a standard feature.

--
~Kevin